Thursday, March 13, 2008

Relief
A sigh of relief and a prayer of thanks to God! (not necessarily in that order!). I was a little nervous about Anna's eye appointment today, since she had missed a few of her Cyclosporine pills last week (since she had been sick). But the eyes have not changed all that much in the six weeks since the last appointment. And the doctor said that if the next two appointments are okay (he said he's happy with how she's currently doing, even though there is a trace of cells in the left eye), we might even go to eight weeks between appointments. That may not seem like much to cheer about to the average person, but for Anna and her eye doctor, this is good news indeed! I need to be thankful for the small things (like this), although in my heart, I would love to get to a point where we could begin to decrease some of Anna's medications. But with a trace of cells still present, that's probably not in the near future at all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello:
I am so glad to find this blog about Anna and her JRA experience. My 9 (almost 10) year old daughter Allison was just diagnosed with Systemic JRA last week. We have been battling fevers, rash and pain since Jan. 18th. It is good to see how other kids are handling this disease. We are still adjusting. We have started a blog for Allison to share with people. We are finding it really is the best way to update people. I will share Anna's blog with Allison so she can see others are going through what she is dealing with too.
Leslie
Albany Oregon

Unknown said...

Dear Leslie,
I'm so glad you found my blog, and that you've found this to be helpful. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's diagnosis. It's a different type of arthritis than my daughter has, and I know you have more to deal with than we do. I remember that adjustment time (until one day years later, I realize that my "old self" is back, and I've adjusted somewhere along the way!" Take care. (If you want to let me know the link to your blog, I can add it to my links list! I remember looking for as many personal stories as possible about juvenile arthritis when Anna was first diagnosed! Part of that adjustment period---to fill my mind with information"

Tammy

LEslie Bradner said...

Tammy,
I totally relate to your comment "filling your mind with information." Seems like I do that a lot lately. Helps to keep my mind busy I guess. Allison's blog is alekonab.blogspot.com it is titled Allison's JRA Journey. Feel free to post it on your sight. I hope all is going well with Anna. We are still in the living day to day but Allison has had a good weekend and has been able to hang out with friends which really helps her attitude and emotional well being.
Leslie

MitchB said...

YAY for Anna!!! I'm so happy to hear she's doing well. I hadn't seen a post from you in a while on the arthritis board so I figured I better check out how Anna is doing. I can totally relate to celebrating when I could stop taking Amanda to the eye doc every month. We're down to about every 8 - 12 weeks and I'm OK with that!!

Drop me a line and let me know how life is going in your neck of the woods!

Michele