Thursday, June 12, 2008

Another good appointment with the ophthalmologist!

The good news continues with Anna's eyes. They are all but clear of inflammation (just a cell or two floating around, but "well under control." I try so hard not to live life in the "what if" modes, but there are moments when my mind is working away, wondering IF in two months when we return for another appointment, IF Anna's eyes remain clear . . . will we be able to lower the doses of some medications? My preference would be the Cyclosporine. Guess we'll have to wait and see, and just be content and at peace for these next two months that her eyes aren't flaring, and having to think about what we would do IF the eyes got worse instead of better. (Sometimes I think of that, too, because she's near the limit of her current doses of Methotrexate and Cyclosporine.)

I know that so many people are praying for Anna and her eyes, and we are humbled and appreciative of all the prayers that are lifted up on Anna's behalf. Thank you. Our lives are near to normal (except for lots of medication and weekly shots and occasional blood tests). I know that not every Juvenile Arthritis patient has such an easy road. I hope that Anna's journey (these "up parts" anyway) bring hope and encouragement to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello my name is Alyssa Sanders, and I am a 12 year old girl with Lupus and arthritis. I was just reading the blog and I would like to post a comment. I have Lupus, it is related to JRA. I took the methotrexate too. I know yur pain and I wish to tell you that you are not alone. I also go to camp jra too! Hope you feel better!!