Saturday, December 12, 2009

In Anna's Words . . . . to family and friends . . .

Yesterday Anna had bilateral injections (cortisone) to both TMJs. I know that so many people were praying for and thinking of Anna yesterday, and I know those thoughts and prayers helped Anna to be so calm all afternoon, even when the Hospital Admissions people weren't exactly sure where to send us, and even though we got lost on the second floor corridor of the medical center and none of the very nice people we encountered really knew where we were supposed to go (even though we had a map with our destination circled). And then the patient transport person initially couldn't find us to take us down to the ground floor . . . (Anna got to see almost all of a Hallmark Christmas movie on television while we were waiting--cute little tv's in the Pre-Op rooms.) All's well that ends well.

Once we finally returned home, Anna wanted to send out an e-mail to the family members and friends I correspond with on a weekly basis. When I read her e-mail, I thought that many of you might like to hear from Anna, as well:

Hello all,
I thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. I'm fine right now. Nothing went wrong. I feel normal and full of energy. Mom made spaghetti for dinner and that really helped!!! I was really hungry during and afterwards. The docs. and nurses were very nice and great. Though my mouth will be sore for a day or two. And I have to be careful about what i eat. Thank you one and all very much again for your love and support.

---Anna Zeigler

No comments: