Saturday, July 09, 2011

Great News -- Long Time Coming!


Sometimes life gets in the way of posting even GOOD news! Anna had an appointment with the ophthalmologist towards the end of June, and we had GREAT news! For the first time in I forget how many years, Anna's eyes are clear of inflammation. BOTH of them. We go back in August to see if she maintains this status. (I've been on this journey way too long to even get excited about the possibility of long-term uveitis remission). But we ARE excited about two whole months without visits to doctors in Hershey (not that we don't like them---we just see them a little too often sometimes).

The pressures in both eyes were in the low-to-mid twenties, which is inching toward high, but the ophthalmologist wasn't overly concerned. We can decrease the Pred Forte drop to the left eye from daily to every other day. Humira and Methotrexate stays the same for now.

Anna is enjoying a rather laid-back and care-free summer. We've been to New England (LOVED that trip and hope to go again sometime). She's training for middle school cross country running in the fall (which means she's supposed to run at least 100 miles this summer), swimming at the town pool, reading books, and watching movie commentaries (you learn SO much by watching commentaries on movies!--some of them are fascinating, interesting, and even sometimes humorous!) She's also been intentional about expanding her "palate" :o) She's decided to try more and different foods this year, including tomatoes and onions! I didn't even ask her to.

3 comments:

Tammy Fiffick said...

I still remember when the girls were 4 and met each other at the JRA conference in VA. For that matter I remember when I met you, Anna & your family. You'll never know at that time how "normal" you made me feel. Now over 9 years later you still help me to feel "normal". You will, are, and always will be such a blessing to me Tammy! We rejoice with you to answered prayers. <3

Tammy Z said...

Ah! Such kind words, Tammy---thank you! Your family holds a special place in my heart, and I pray for you (all of you) a lot! So glad that since we have to be on this journey at all, that there are families who know and understand, and we can all support each other. That's part of what life is all about, I think.

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo happy for you both!!!Kind regards from Croatia, Kate